Application for a place in the M.A. (Clin.) Programme
- Applicants are required to complete the application form for Admission to M.A. Clinical Psychology by 31st of May 2019.
- In addition to the CGC application forms, UCT Admissions Application form should also be completed online from the 3rd April 2018 and closes by the 31st of May 2019.
- Three referees’ reports (on forms provided for this purpose) Referee Report: Professional Training in Psychology must also be submitted by the due date.
- All applicants must be in possession of an Honours degree in psychology from a South African university, or an equivalent qualification recognised by the University of Cape Town and the Professional Board of Psychology. Students applying from outside of South Africa should apply to the South African Qualifications Authority to have their degree evaluated. Please visit the website for further information regarding the evaluation of foreign qualifications.
- Short listed candidates will be expected to present themselves for interviews which will be held during the week of 29th July - 2nd August 2019.
- An orientation meeting for short-listed candidates will be held on Friday, 26th July 2019.
Three ways to obtain an application form:
- Application forms are available from our website
- Completed application forms must be handed in at or posted directly to CGC.
- The UCT Admission application form should also be completed either online or handed directly to the admissions office.
- Send a A4 self-addressed envelope (postage included) to
UCT Child Guidance Clinic
- Collect an application form from our office at the above mentioned address.
A complete application consists of:
- CGC Application form.
- 3 Referee reports from THREE different people
- Supporting documents: a certified copy of your academic transcript & Honours certificate)
- The correct application fee: The CGC’s fee is R100 for South African and R125 for international applicants.
- Please submit a cheque made out to UCT for the CGC amount along with your application forms.
- Should you wish to make an electronic payment, please see below for our banking details. Please use the Ref: CGC- and your initial and surname.
Bank account details are as follows :
University of Cape Town
RONDEBOSCH branch code: 025009
Account no. 071 503 854
IMPORTANT : Please e-mail proof of payment with your contact details to : Susanna.Manley@uct.ac.za
If this is not done, we have no record of the transaction.
Should you require any further information or assistance with regard to the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our reference : CGC (your initial & surname)
If the above ref. is not accepted then proceed to use the below reference
- Our reference : CUST 11302 (your initial and surname) or alternatively
- Our reference : 00790 (your initial and surname)
For international deposits only: Swift no: SBZAZAJJ