Applications for the UCT Masters in Clinical Psychology Programme
Applicants are required to submit all of the following as attachments in a single email
to email@example.com by 31 July 2020:
- An application form for admission to M.A. Clinical Psychology.
- A certified copy of your academic transcript and Honours certificate. Please note that all applicants must be in possession of an Honours degree in psychology from a South African university, or an equivalent qualification recognised by the University of Cape Town and the Professional Board of Psychology. Students applying from outside of South Africa should apply to the South African Qualifications Authority to have their degree evaluated. Please visit the SAQA website for further information regarding the evaluation of foreign qualifications.
- Proof of EFT payment of the application fee. The fee is R100 for South African's and R125 for international applicants. If we do not receive the proof of payment with your application, we have no record of the transaction. See below for our banking details.
In addition, three referee reports must be submitted by 31 July 2020. Your referees must complete the Referee Report: Professional Training in Psychology and email it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line 'Clinical masters referee report: (applicant's name and surname)'. It is your responsibility to ensure that your referees have submitted their reports by the deadline. No late referee reports will be accepted.
CGC Bank account details are as follows :
University of Cape Town
RONDEBOSCH branch code: 025009
Account no. 071 503 854
- Please use the reference: CGC (your initial & surname)
If the above ref. is not accepted then proceed to use the below reference
- CUST 11302 (your initial and surname) or alternatively
- 00790 (your initial and surname)
For international deposits only: Swift no: SBZAZAJJ
Finally, the general UCT Admissions Application form should also be completed and submitted online by 31 July 2020 and another payment has to be done for this process.
Applicants will be short-listed. Short listed candidates will be expected to present themselves at our training site at UCT for an orientation meeting and interviews. The dates for these are still to be confirmed. Please keep checking this site after 31st July.
Should you require any further information or assistance with regards to the application process please email: Judith.Adriaanse@uct.ac.za
- Short-listed applicants will be informed on the 5th October 2020
- Orientation to selection week Friday, 23rd October 2020, from 13:00-15:00
- Selection week: 26th - 30th October 2020